The Above & Beyond Group will make every effort to protect the privacy of all personal information provided to us. We will only use the information for the purposes set out in this policy or unless we reasonably believe that by law we are required to disclose information about an individual.
What Information do we collect?
Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Personal information can include, but is not limited to, information ranging from the everyday (e.g. address and phone number) to the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition). It includes the opinions of others about your work performance, your work experience and qualifications and other information obtained by us.
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is
- Information or opinion that is also personal information about an individual’s:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinions;
- membership of a political association;
- religious beliefs or affiliations;
- philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association;
- membership of a trade union;
- sexual orientation or practices;
- criminal record;
- health information about an individual; or
- genetic information about an individual that is not otherwise health information; or
- biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification; or
- biometric templates.
Sensitive information, in most cases, can only be disclosed with your consent.
How do we collect your information?
We collect your personal information so that we can provide you with the products, services or information that we supply. This may include your first name, last name, location, age, phone number, email address and postal address that you have provided when interacting with us.
Other information that may be automatically collected when you visit our website includes (without limitation) your Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, browser information, Internet Protocol (IP) address or other device identifiers, location and time/date stamp.
We also collect personal information about you when:
- You complete an online contact or registration form or provide any other information in relation to our products and services;
- We receive a personal or professional reference in relation to you;
- We receive results of an inquiry from current or previous employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies;
- We receive the results of a competency, medical test or background check;
- We receive a complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- We receive any information regarding your involvement in any insurance investigation, litigation, registration/professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquiry or inquest;
- You provide us with any additional personal information or advise of any changes to your personal information.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in any of (but not limited to) the following ways:
- To personalise your experience and assist us to better respond to your individual needs;
- To assess an individual’s suitability to a possible work placement;
- To provide guidance on our products and services tailored to your individual needs;
- To send periodic e-mails;
- To contact you either by post, telephone or e-mail.
How do we protect your information?
The Above & Beyond Group is committed to ensuring the safety of your information and therefore apply strict security measures to ensure the safeguarding of your information. We hold personal information:
- On our secure database;
- In paper-based files; and
- On trusted third party cloud computing services for email and document storage.
The Above & Beyond Group takes reasonable steps to protect any personal information held from unauthorised access, misuse, interference, modification or disclosure. Should we decide the information is no longer needed we will take reasonable steps to ensure the information is removed or destroyed securely.
Disclosure of information
The Above & Beyond Group may disclose your personal information for the purpose which it is held, a related secondary purpose or with your consent.
The Above & Beyond Group may disclose your personal information to:
- Potential employers;
- The Above & Beyond Group employees;
- A professional registration body with a justifiable interest in the disclosure of personal information;
- Any other person with a lawful entitlement to obtain your personal information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
The Above & Beyond Group does not sell, trade or otherwise transfer personal information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in conducting our business or servicing you so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may release your information should we feel it appropriate to comply with the law or to protect ours or others rights or safety.